Update: 2009 Jan 22 - Added link to dirlookup.css.
Around December 2006 I read a tip on Julian Robichaux's site about Google Suggest-type Lookups In Notes code he had written. I downloaded the code and thought that I could make a few improvements. I changed the code to:
- Use Object Literal Notation.
- Added highlighting/auto complete support.
- Changed to code to dynamically create script elements for data instead of using the XML HTTP request object. Using script files gets rid of cross domain scripting security issues.
- Supports multiple input fields instead of one field.
- Supports the ($VIMPeopleAndGroups), ($VIMGroups) and ("Servers") views in addition to the ($VIMPeople) view.
I'm sorry it's taken a year and a half to publish.