May 2009 Saddlerock Ranch Drive and Tour
On May 16, 2009, the Southern California MG Club met at the McDonalds on Las Virgenes Rd in Calabasas, CA. Jimmy Nylund planned a nice tour for us to take in the Santa Monica Mountains. We spent a lot of time on Mulholland Highway as well as a short run on the Pacific Coast Highway. Jimmy took time to stop so that everyone could catch up.
We ended up at Malibu Wines for wine tasting and a picnic. Jimmy and Annette were gracious hosts. They not only put on a nice tour, but we also got to see Mr. Semler's antique car, horse drawn carriage and vintage Airstream trailer collections. When one of the MGBs sprang a leak in its oil gauge line, Jimmy made a temporary fix and later at his an Annette's home, replaced the oil gauge line with one of his own.
Follow along if you want to take the tour.
- Head south on Las Virgenes Rd toward Agoura Rd, go 3.0 mi.
- Turn right at Mulholland Hwy, go 9.7 mi.
- Continue on Encinal Canyon Rd, go 3.4 mi.
- Turn left to stay on Encinal Canyon Rd, go 5.0 mi.
- Turn right at CA-1/Pacific Coast Hwy, go 2.9 mi.
- Just past Leo Carrillo State Beach turn right on Mulholland Hwy toward Yellow Hill Rd, go 11.7 mi.
- Turn right to stay on Mulholland Hwy, go 49 ft.
- Turn left to stay on Mulholland Hwy.
- The wine tasting is on the right at Malibu Wines
31800 Mulholland Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265
All in all, my wife Jane and I had a very nice Saturday morning with the Southern California MG Club.
Add a comment
Discussion for this entry is now closed.