Track Day on November 20, 2010
I'm very excited about being able to run my MGB GT on a race track next month at Willow Springs.
Willow Springs has seven tracks.
- Willow Springs Raceway (2.5-mile road course)
- Streets of Willow Springs (1.8-mile road course and skid pad)
- Horse Thief Mile (11 turn road course featuring major elevation changes, tight turns and canyon-like surroundings)
- Willow Springs Kart Track (.675-mile sprint kart track)
- Balcony Autocross
- Speedway Willow Springs (1/4 mile with walls oval)
- Walt James Stadium (3/8-mile high-banked dirt oval)
We will be using Horse Thief Mile, an 11 turn road course with decreasing radius turns, switchbacks and elevation changes. It should be like driving up Decker Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains.
The price of $85 a day (with discount) seems reasonable to me. Your car should be in good condition with good tires, no fluid leaks, loose wires or loose body panels. If you have a convertible or roadster you will need a rollbar. A helmet is required and they have helmets available for use if you don't own a helmet. Since the track day starts at 7:30 AM my wife and adult children will not be coming with me (they like to sleep in on Saturdays). If you're interested in attending, check out the Extreme Speed Track Events registration page. I hope to see you there.
Add a comment
Discussion for this entry is now closed.